Friday, May 4, 2012

Without music.


"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
-Aldous Huxley 







Did you ever listen to a song and think, "Wow, these lyrics totally relate to me."? It feels as if the song was written just for you. It just goes to show that music is a way of expressing yourself when you can't find the right words to say. Without music, what would the world be? My opinion would be that the world would become a vapid and depressing place. If there was no music, what would be stuck in our heads all day? How would we be able to say the things we're too afraid to simply speak? Would we ever have our first slow dance at prom? Think about it. Think about a world without music. Without music, there is no other way, besides silence, of expressing yourself. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if there was no music. I can't go through a day without listening to music. When I listen to music, I dream of a better world. Music is my escape from reality, even if it's for a little while. 




Source: Huxley, Aldous. brainyquote.com, 2001 Web. May 4, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment